The American Red Cross is the nation's leader in babysitting classes and classes in child care training. We will prepare you to be the best sitter in your neighborhood. In fact, 8 out of 10 surveyed parents said they would pay more for a trained babysitter who holds this Red Cross Certification. Start your babysitting business on the right foot and learn how to be a safe, professional, and reliable sitter.
Lessons and topics covered are:
- Basic care for infants and children (feeding, diapering, toileting, dressing)
- Basic First Aid (conscious choking, bleeding, emergencies, calling 911)
- Child Behavior (discipline, role modeling, ages and stages for children)
- Age appropriate Behavior (games for each age, capabilities for each age)
- Emergency Protocols (FIND decision making, Check/Call/Care)
- Professionalism (Creating resumes, interviewing, following up)
- Leadership (Role modeling, communications with children, being a great example)
- Growing your business (where to find jobs, who to market to)
Dress comfortably and bring a bagged lunch and water bottle.